About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Saturday 21 March 2015

Bachmann 32-500 BR Standard 5MT DCC fitting









Due to the numerous detailed fittings careful handing whilst removing the body is essential, starting with the rear left driving wheel remove the small slotted screw holding the speedo drive and gently ease away.



Moving forward to the front of the loco there is a cross headed screw under the bogie assembly that has to be removed

finally at the rear again there is another cross headed screw under the brake rodding. I could not find an easy way of removing all of the rodding so I unclipped the rear actuator trunnion and nudged it a bit to access the screw. 



Short countersunk is the front and long cheese head the rear.


Having removed the body, it is a tight fit you will see the blanking plug just forward of the gearbox, remove this and plug in your decoder I used a Hatton’s standard 8 pin which fits into the plastic cradle supplied.



Before I reassembled the loco I performed a quick check on the programming track to see if I could read the chip.



Reassembly is of course done in reverse order; check the body sits flush against the chassis you can see this from where the screws fit not forgetting to locate plate that sits on the rear screw pillar and the tender draw bar. 


Gently tighten the two mounting screws checking the alignment of the body as you go.Reattach the speedo drive to the rear driving wheel and finally the fiddly bit the rear actuator trunnion. A test run before reprogramming the CV’s that I job done.



3 comments:

  1. That looks like a very tidy loco. Have you seen the New Bachmann 2015/2016 Book? £7.95 I got mine last week and have put my orders in, I don't tend to think about it too long as history has proved as soon as new stuff arrives in store it's gone in no time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked it up in Skeggy £65 good box and all the paperwork i though why not.

    ReplyDelete