About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Monday 23 March 2015

J72 chassis conversion for DCC Part 2

As the weather was quite pleasant the mill table was degreased and the vice set-up. One set of chassis frames now milled

 

 
 An 8mm hole not 5mm as first mentioned drilled where the motor brushes contact the frame. This was necessary to isolate the motor brushes from the frames.

There is now ample room to fit the chip into its new pocket and even room for some packing, and I have just received notification that my replacement 3D printed muffs and gears or on there way via UPS, I’ll post how I get on with these when they are fitted.


1 comment: