About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

The weekend has finally arrived


The weekend has finally arrived and work has started on applying my decals they were more difficult than I anticipated due to the thinness of the decal once released from the carrier. After trashing one set of stripes I decided to brush the area where the design was to be placed with a weak solution of washing up liquid and water it proved to be the solution (no pun) to enable the design to be placed on the model.




There still is some work to be done the hoist ropes need attaching and the jib fully rigged. I did go for the spring option to some down pressure on the jib it works a treat. And of course lots of touching up of the paintwork. I must admit I am really pleased with the decals.

1 comment: