About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

The nice postman


Well hello again! The nice postman brought my transfer paper today. I must say I am impressed so far with the results. For those who wish to venture into making their own decals search EBay for “20 sheet cup decal A4 inkjet light water transfer paper” OK enough of the commercials. I printed my master created in Microsoft Word on to a plain sheet to check the alignment and size, then printed the same onto the transfer paper as instructed when the ink dried 5 to 10 mins. a light coat of acrylic varnish to fix, as they say job done.


I need to make a small spring to put some down pressure on the jib; unfortunately it is so light the slightest jolt ant the ropes jump off the pulleys. That all for today bye.

 


The finished sheet

1 comment:

  1. Instead of a spring have you considered a little lead flashing cut to shape and glued inside the jib end?
    I like the transfers..The only thing with me is I have had no need for a printer for over 5 years.

    ReplyDelete