About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Monday 22 April 2024

Percy with his lady friends arrives at Pix Valley railway

22/04/2024 

Percy Annie & Clarabel together with a pristine Thomas body shell arrived from EBay £39.00 apparently Percy need new gears Something to keep me occupied during the rainy season! Yes after the body off Percy and removing the motor I could not turn the wheels further investigation reviled that the rear wheel set has had the crank pin forced tight against the coupling rods binding the movement a slight tweak with a Pair of long nosed pliers did the trick. 


 Closer examination of the worm showed it to be damaged due to the jammed mechanism; a rummage in my spare parts box I have spare 0-6-0 & 0-4-0 gear sets a new worm fitted. A light lubrication and reassembly I now have a happy Percy.




No comments:

Post a Comment