About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Sunday 30 August 2020

Hornby Dublo footbridge refurbishment 25/08/2020.

 Finally stripped and repainted my 60 year old Hornby Dublo footbridge bought from Ebay sound but cosmetically in drastic need of TLC; it took an age to strip to old paint back to the casting. I did have one of these and the through station but I lost track of my railway when I joined the military in the mid 60’s I suspect my younger brother trashed it!


Paint stripper is not as good as pre 2011 Nitromors Master Craftsman's Paint and Varnish Remover now they took out the active ingredient dichloromethane as the casting is zinc based caustic soda is a not a good idea. Under coat using a Halfords rattle can white primer. I airbrushed Railmatch acrylic cream over the whole structure. Now it’s a waiting game for my order of Vallejo 70.908 Carmine Red to arrive so I can pick out the ribs.



No comments:

Post a Comment