About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

My first day as a junior engineer on the Pix Valley Railway

My first day as a junior engineer on the Pix Valley Railway. by Marc Toddington

Yesterday I helped granddad put ballast down on the track at Rushmoor station. I sprinkled the ballast on the track and brushed it level I then sprayed it with water and dribbled a glue mixture of white glue and water.

When the glue was dry we used granddad’s Hoover attachment to suck up all the loose bits of ballast.


I had fun shunting all the engines around the track to see if everything worked.




1 comment:

  1. Very nice too, Looks like Grandad will soon be out of a job...

    ReplyDelete