About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Sunday 7 December 2014

Not to happy with the Chinese marine ply

Its cold outside but I had to cut the side rails for my 8 foot by 18 inch extension to the layout. Not to happy with the Chinese 12mm marine ply hopefully it will pull in when the 18 x 44 mm cross bracing is added he top is made from 48x12" and 48x6" sheeted of ply. when I get the position for the points marked in the board I can mount the bracing there is nothing worse than finding a point motor has to go where the bracing sits!


1 comment:

  1. I tend to go for top quality 9mm ply, and 25 x 20mm ie 2" x 1" metric equivelent and always seal t with Blackboard paint, water based from Wilko's. And when you use your base board as a work surface it's so easy to brush over and tidy back up...

    ReplyDelete