About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Saturday 31 August 2013

More pug news


More pug news picked up a Hornby Pug on fleabay in need of a lot of TLC nay a total strip and rebuild she was in LMS colours.
 
Now after a strip down I discovered she was abused at some time and her chassis has a chunk ripped out where someone never remove the final screw!
 
Not to much of a big deal a replacement was commissioned from a nice man on fleabay. Now her body has been sprayed with white undercoat she is a little more presentable .
 
 
 I am considering repainting into a private colour scheme and naming her “Linda”. Hey Alan have you got a quote for your 94 plates yet? Remind me who are you asking for the quote? Another thing that crossed my mind was, what about re-motoring! A little homework and I found this motor http://finneyandsmith.co.uk/finneyandsmith/motors.html the MASHIMA MOTORS

  M16K 9.3mm open frame 1.5mm double shaft look promising and this final drive gear https://www.ultrascale.com/eshop/products/view/CAT015/330 also may be of use. As the small Hornby tanks use the same motor MABUCHI TYPE 7 it may be possible to utilize the motors in other locos.



1 comment:

  1. Nice one Alan, it's looking good.
    I ave not heard from Narrow Planet yet so I think I will get in touch with them after the weekend

    ReplyDelete