About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Saturday 8 December 2012

A little harsh



Looking again for a kit whose moulds were made 52 years ago and not having built a plastic model for around half that time I thing I am being a little harsh with myself. I think some light weathering of the body will make a difference. Now I must read up on weathering techniques.

3 comments:

  1. It looks a lot better with the transfers on. I agree with you on the weathering. One point, I would mask the windows with a piece of card and spray over the transfers with a artists matt varnish...I get it from art suppliers it's used for covering water colour paintings, charcoal and pastel drawings.
    Still looks Good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bit of grime..
    I don't know if you have seen this link?

    http://www.brindale.co.uk/ach/prv_site/site_index/prv_site_frames.htm?http://www.brindale.co.uk/ach/prv_site/prv_rail_buses_images.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have seen the site 79971 was the one I told you about at Millerhill my father-in-law must have used it some time when he was driving loco's base there so its quite fitting she is now numbered Sc 79971 in my model.

    ReplyDelete