About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Saturday 3 October 2020

2301 Class Dean Goods second impressions

 Well most of my locos were laid up from mid April so it was time to clean the track and have a running session. Well I was disappointed the Dean Goods stopped, started and generally misbehaved the sound was appalling. Investigation showed that the tender pickups were not contacting the wheels photo taken after I tweaked the first two. More troubling was the fact that when I was rechecking the locomotive CV’s when I put it onto my programming track it would not sit correctly. In order to rule out any track irregularities I laid a new length of code 75 track onto a work top secured with double sided tape. As you will see from the video the locomotive rocks from side to side.https://youtu.be/LZv_S73EanA . You can also see/hear the sound issue where it commences after the locomotive has travelled around 2 feet and the sound output is barely audible. Well its gone back to Oxford Rail via Hatton’s to get sorted.










No comments:

Post a Comment