About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2020

The April fool


2301 Class Dean Goods first impressions



So what have I been doing? My new locomotive arrive the other day from Hatton’s a Class 2301 Dean Goods 0-6-0 2409 in BR Black with early emblem DCC Sound fitted. It’s a very tidy loco detail is good my only reservation is the moulded coal load which is easily rectified. I’ve tidied up the retaining wall on Arlesworth station which was slightly damaged. That’s really all I’ve up too. Oh you tube “pulled” my videos because I had music playing in the office and I could be heard on the video.
2409 Dean Goods 0-6-0 has had a little tweak of the CV’s only loco ID and deceleration. For some reason which I have eventually established the leading driving wheels left the track on the first curve out of Arlesworth just behind “Arkwright’s open all hours” shop.
Filming the derailment fro two different angles I realised that the track bed is twisted. As you can see in the video the leading driving wheels on the right hand side are off the track so the flanged are no longer in contact with the running rail hence the derailment.
I have ordered more track and will rip up the offending section and relay it.

No comments:

Post a Comment