About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Sunday 29 October 2017

The tale of two Warships D821 'Greyhound' or should I say ‘Ghostrider’! The sequel



Yesterday D821 'Greyhound' ran off at full speed again as I finished programming the ID into the hand set white smoke and the smell of burn PCB wafted from the loco. This morning I stripped out all the wiring tested all the PCB’s for faults nothing untoward was found with the lighting board disconnected I ran it on the rolling road using a DC supply. Then my chance I noticed the motor stall and pick again. OK check the current it was drawing 0.8 of an amp occasionally peaking to 2.2 amps. Fortunately I had the original motor bogie with the broken mounting spigot a swap of the motor and test run on the rolling road using a DC supply show the replacement motor pulled 0.12 amps things look promising for the new chip when it arrives.


1 comment: