About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Saturday 13 August 2016

Dapol J94 v DJ Models J94



Dapol slow running is superb using a Hatton’s 10 quid chip However after an hour of running in on the rolling road fitting the recommended chip the DJ models J94 ran terrible, juddering and stopping on corners. I think the root cause is the lack of side play on the driving wheels together with the narrow flanged wheels. Needless to say after along wait for this loco I am gutted.  On the plus side the mouldings are crisp and finish and lettering first class let down by a poor performing mechanism. So it’s on it way back to Hatton’s for a refund.
I may be unlucky and got a "Friday" job it will be interesting to see if this is a one off or a trend! 


1 comment:

  1. My DJ models J94 was the same I got it Tuesday and persevered with it albeit painfull to watch in the end it went back and got a refund...in future I will wait and see what other people think after buying from a new producer rather than trust all the hype in the maga and online...I've learned my mistake...Not again!

    ReplyDelete