About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Friday 21 August 2015

Q1 tender mod



Having checked EBay for a replacement X9221 Hornby Spare Tender Chassis Bottom I decided to cut mine to raise the height of the coupling bar. The photos are self explanatory the only thing to note is the fact I had to open up the fishtail so the NEM pocket fits. The result is the coupling is now about 1.5mm higher. 

While I was doing the tender mod I was pondering of making some magnetic coupling using 2mm neodymium magnets to make uncoupling easier. See sketch 







No comments:

Post a Comment