About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

My long awaited early crest Q1 arrived today

My long awaited early crest Q1 arrived today, purchased with my retirement collection from work, each time she is on the roster I will remember the guys and girls at GSK thank you for your kind wishes on my retirement. The Q1 also brings back memories of my childhood living in Kent.

Enough of the sentiment... the model is exquisite superb detail and in mint unused condition all the bits in the box very very happy I will enjoy.






3 comments:

  1. Nice one Alan, at least you got something you really wanted....Will it break your heart to weather it? as the only Q1 to be preserved was 33001

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR_Q1_class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 33037 is an interesting running number. back in the early 70's I left 37 sqn RE and joined 33 sqn RE in the UK both squadron number are in the running number. spooky!

      Delete
    2. You were meant to have it...

      Delete