About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

The road bridge




It seem like a long time since my last posting on my blog, truthfully there have been lots of other issues to address for instance I have had to change company I work for to enable me to continue working for the same client, not a good thing when you consider I am 5 months from retirement!
So let update you guys on my progress on “Dunspendin” again not a lot, the track is laid and tested now I have decided to add a road bridge over the baseboard joint. A lot of trial and error went into getting the position of the bridge sorted; this was caused mainly due to track geometry. Eventually I had a plan. Six brick piers supporting the roadway with Peco plate bridge sides.
Ok stage one; the brick piers these were cut from 25x18mm strip pine with an additional strip of 25x8mm this give a scale pier of around 6 foot.
Stage two; make them brick like, I used modelrailwayscenery.com brick paper wrapped around the wood, after the PVA glue has dried any wrinkles disappear just like wallpapering!  


That all for me today only another 5 piers to wrap

1 comment:

  1. Great that you are still in work given the present climate.
    I have used the plate panel bridge in the past and also the Hogs back girder sides as well. I will be watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete