About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Not happy “Railmatch” paint

 
I am not happy “Railmatch” acrylic paint, my yellow warning panel is still tacky and soft after almost 3 days drying in the build room at 20 Celsius the fits light coat seemed ok it was the second coat after the BR green was sprayed and the masking removed that is causing the trouble.
If on my return home tonight it’s still the same I will have to remove it back to the base coat and try again.


 

Just look at the creep on the green and the amount sucked up on to the cotton Bud!





 

2 comments:

  1. oooooh..I don't envy you that task. I have used revel and Humbrol acrylic but I always have to thin them down to stop them drying too fast. But as I said before “Railmatch” are something of a necessary evil and it's always a good idea to do a test on some plastic card or spru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep still wet, the paint is atrocious it is softening the green and the bud is soaking up the yellow. Oh the picture is greatly magnified as you most proverbially guessed

      Delete