About Me

My photo
From Rugby, Warwickshire; Went to Marlborough Secondary School; Studied at Rugby College of Engineering Technology; Worked at HM Forces - British Army; Studied at Royal School of Military Engineering; Former Maintenance Technician at International Computers Limited; Former IT Support at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Lives in Letchworth

Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

Hornby 75 ton rail crane




Indeed it has this afternoon was spent bashing the old Hornby 75 ton rail crane into a rebuilt diesel powered beast comparing the jib with my working drawings I feel it is too short and far to skinny unfortunately a new jib will need to be fabricated. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Alan but don't forget the pivot point on the crane body. I had to slice my one off and move it 3/4" forward, but I don't know about the diesel version (I believe it is something to do with counter balancing the jib along with the outrigger jacks and I replaced all the wheels to a finer scale such as the Bachmann wheel packs

    https://picasaweb.google.com/102543464199161825201/MPDLayout#5165122704498366594

    ReplyDelete